Japanese crowdfunding campaign announced for brand new adventure game from Rika Suzuki, Dark Auction: Hitler’s Estate! The “authentic mystery adventure” features character design by Kohske
Crowdfunding begins from 12:00 on Saturday September 2 (JST)! Rewards include a feature in the end credits, and having yourself appear in the game as a Kohske-designed character!
IzanagiGames, Inc. (located in Koto-ku, Tokyo, and led by CEO/Producer Shinsuke Umeda) has announced the company will be crowdfunding for Dark Auction: Hitler’s Estate, a brand new “authentic mystery adventure” game with an original story/scenario written by Rika Suzuki (Trace Memories, Hotel Dusk: Room 215), and character design by Kohske (GANGSTA.). The title is due for release on Nintendo Switch™ and Steam® in 2024.
◆ “Rika Suzuki’s latest game project, Dark Auction: Hitler’s Estate!” crowdfunding page:
◆ Dark Auction: Hitler’s Estate official X account:
◆ Comment: Rika Suzuki
The game is a mystery adventure centering on the idea of a historical figure having surreptitiously bequeathed a fictitious estate, following the drama that plays out among the characters faced with an enigma extending all the way into their modern world.
The tale unfolds in an ancient castle in 1981, 36 years after Hitler’s death. 18-year-old protagonist Noah is determined not to turn out like his father, but, beyond that, he has no idea of the kind of person he wants to be. Noah takes part in a mysterious auction held at the old castle, and, as someone living in the 1980s, comes to terms with the absurdity of the trauma the war left behind, learning of the truths hidden deep within those affected, ultimately closing in on the big secret his father has been concealing.
When we learn about history, we think about the present and what it means to be human.
Thinking about the past also means thinking about the future.
Throughout the long flow of time, certain individuals are predestined to make history—a projection of, and projection onto the times in which they lived. Hitler was one such individual—an evil specter at the heart of the tumult of the Second World War.
What if, behind the scenes, as a final act, he sought to bequeath something to the next generation?
In the 1980s, in a Germany still haunted by this dark specter, how did the youngsters who found themselves entangled with his estate react? How did their perceptions of the future change? My goal is to portray the human drama at the heart of it all.
◆ Profile: Rika Suzuki
Began creating games in 1983 as a founding member of Riverhillsoft inc.
As planner and scenario writer, she worked on a range of mystery adventure titles including J.B. Harold Murder Club, Manhattan Requiem, Another Story of Manhattan Requiem: Kiss of Murder, D.C. Connection, Blue Chicago Blues, The Ryunosuke Detective Diary series, Scarlet Will, and the Golden Compass.
In 1999 Rika took on the role of executive vice-president at XING Inc. After working on games such as Glass Rose (PS2), Trace Memories, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (DS), and Another Code: R – A Journey into Lost Memories (Wii), she went on to found Bellwood inc. in 2009.
Rika continues to work on games as a planner and scenario writer.
◆ Comment: Kohske
Manga is an altogether different field to game development. Working alongside game creators, designing all manner of characters, has been full of firsts as an experience. As a work environment, it has its pressures, but I find it absolutely thrilling.
My goal for the character designs was to blend a sense of actorly refinement, inspired by the world of cinema, with the sweet charm you’d find on the pages of a manga, all so players can fully immerse themselves in the world Rika Suzuki has crafted.
I hope everyone cherishes the game for years to come.
◆ Profile: Kohske
Manga artist / illustrator known for GANGSTA.
X account: https://twitter.com/go_kohske
◆ “Rika Suzuki’s latest game project, Dark Auction: Hitler’s Estate!” crowdfunding overview
- Campaign period: 2/9/2023 12:00 – 31/10/2023 23:59 (JST)
- Funding goal: 2,000,000 JPY
We want to deliver this adventure game, with its deep world and compelling characters, from Japan to players all over the world. In doing so, we hope that even more people have the chance to engage with the brand new scenario Rika Suzuki has written for the game. With Kohske’s exquisite character designs and Rika Suzuki’s incredible scenario, we’re working hard to develop an interactive experience that young and old alike can truly enjoy. We’d love for you to join us and become a part of the team as we prepare to share this adventure with the world. We look forward to your support.
◇ Rewards List
◇ Course Details
- Thank you message: 1,000 JPY
- Access to online talk event: 2,500 JPY
- Supporter course: 5,000 JPY
- Pin button + supporter course: 7,000 JPY
- Tote bag + supporter course: 8,000 JPY
- Game download key + supporter course: 10,000 JPY
- Game download key + t-shirt + supporter course: 15,000 JPY
- Game download key + acrylic character standee + main visual poster + supporter course: 18,000 JPY
- Game download key + soundtrack + supporter course: 18,500 JPY
- Game download key + hoodie & logo cap + supporter course: 22,000 JPY
- Game download key + art book + supporter course: 25,000 JPY
- Game download key + autographed main visual poster + supporter course: 30,000 JPY
- Game download key + character body pillow + supporter course: 37,000 JPY
- Game download key + soundtrack + art book + supporter course: 39,000 JPY
- Game download key + merchandise set + supporter course: 65,000 JPY
- Game download key + “have your name included in one of the in-game library books” + supporter course: 70,000 JPY
- Game download key + “voice an in-game NPC” + merchandise set + supporter course: 140,000 JPY
- Game download key + signed Kohske character design + merchandise set + supporter course (limited to 20 people): 200,000 JPY
- Game download key + “all-exclusive dinner & personal item autograph” + merchandise set + supporter course: 300,000 JPY
- Game download key + “voice and appear in-game as a Kohske-designed character” + merchandise set + supporter course: 700,000 JPY
*Backers can choose from either a Nintendo Switch™ or Steam® game download key.
*Designs not final. An announcement will be made once designs have been finalized.
◇ Rewards shipping schedule: October 2024 –
*Please note, the rewards shipping schedule (including game download key) is subject to change.
*Reward design/specifications may differ from the images provided.
◆ Dark Auction: Hitler’s Estate Game Overview
- Title: Dark Auction: Hitler’s Estate
- Genre: Mystery adventure
- Original story / scenario: Rika Suzuki
- Character design: Kohske
- Player(s): 1
- Planned platforms: Nintendo Switch™, Steam®
- Voice languages (planned): Japanese, English
- Supported languages (planned): Japanese, English, Chinese (Traditional, Simplified)
- Planning: Bellwood inc. / IzanagiGames, Inc.
- Development / marketing: IzanagiGames
- Planned release date: 2024
- Copyright notice: ©IzanagiGames, Inc.
IzanagiGames is headquartered in Koto-ku, Tokyo. The company produces interactive entertainment experiences, with a focus on console games, and is geared towards directly accessing the global games market with titles made in collaboration with Japanese creators. By expanding the company’s range of fund procurement, IzanagiGames aims to provide opportunities for exceptional creators to make new IPs and games which are then delivered as entertainment experiences to fans across the world.
IzanagiGames has released titles including Death Come True, World’s End Club, and Yurukill: The Calumniation Games on a variety of different platforms worldwide. In 2023, the company will release DYSCHRONIA: Chronos Alternate – Definitive Edition on Nintendo Switch™, and the side-scrolling, soul-shifting sandbox action adventure game AMEDAMA on Steam®.
The company has also entered into the webtoon market and founded its own webtoon studio, Tsukuyomi.
・IzanagiGames official website
・IzanagiGames official X account
・IzanagiGames official YouTube channel:
・IzanagiGames Discord server:
・Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo.
・Steam and the Steam logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Valve Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.