Article 1 (Personal Information)
The term "Personal Information" refers to "Personal Information" as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, and denotes information (Personally Identifiable Information) regarding a living individual which can be used to distinguish that specific individual, including name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, and other details, as well as information which by itself can be used to identify the specific individual, such as appearance, fingerprint and voiceprint data, and health insurance number.
Article 2 (How The Company collects Personal Information)
When a customer registers to use the Services, The Company may ask the customer for Personal Information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, bank account number, credit card number, or driver's license number. In addition, The Company may collect a record of transactions entered into between the customer and any alliance partner or other relevant party of The Company. These records may contain the customer's Personal Information and payment information generated as a result of their interaction with The Company's alliance partners (including information providers, advertisers, and ad distribution destinations. "Partner(s)").
Article 3 (Purposes for collecting and using Personal Information)
The Company collects and uses Personal Information for the following purposes:
- - To provide and operate The Company's Services
- - To respond to inquiries from customers (including to verify the identity of the inquirer)
- - To distribute information via email regarding new features, updates, and promotions for Services that customers are using, as well as other Services offered by The Company
- - To contact the customers with important information when required, including during maintenance
- - To enable the customers to view, change, and delete their registration information as well as to view their Service usage information
- - To charge the customers usage fees for fee-based Services
- - For purposes incidental to the aforementioned purposes
Article 4 (Change of the Purpose of Utilization)
The Company may change the Purpose of Utilization of Personal Information only within the scope that the Purpose of Utilization after the change can be reasonably considered to be related to its previous iteration. When The Company has changed the Purpose of Utilization, it shall notify the customers of the changed Purpose of Utilization following the designated procedures, or publicly announce it on this website.
Article 5 (Provision of Personal Information to A Third Party)
The Company shall not, except in the following cases, provide Personal Information to a third party without obtaining the prior consent of the customer. However, it shall not apply in cases in which it is considered reasonable as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or in other laws and regulations.
- - Cases in which the provision of personal information to a third party is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
- - Cases in which the provision of personal information to a third party is especially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound development of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
- - Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by either of the former two in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the person is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned
- - Cases in which the following matters have been communicated or publicly announced in advance and also have been notified in advance by The Company to the Personal Information Protection Commission
- - The fact that the Purpose of Utilization includes provision to a third party
- - The items of data to be provided to a third party
- - The means or method of provision to a third party
- - The fact that the provision of Personal Information to a third party shall be ceased at the request of the individual
- - The process through which requests are received from the individual
- Notwithstanding the provisions set forth in the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, the destination of the provision of the information shall not be deemed a third party.
- - Cases in which The Company entrusts the handling of Personal Information in whole or in part within the scope necessary for the achievement of the Purpose of Utilization.
- - Cases in which Personal Information is provided as a result of the succession of business in a merger or otherwise.
- - Cases in which Personal Information is used jointly between specific individuals or entities and in which this fact, the items of the Personal Information used jointly, the scope of the joint users, the purpose for which the Personal Information is used by them, and the name of the individual or business operator responsible for the management of the Personal Information, is communicated in advance to the individual or made to be readily accessible for the individual.
Article 6 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
When The Company is requested by an individual to disclose his/her Personal Information, it shall disclose the information without delay. However, under the following circumstances, it may keep all or part of the Personal Information undisclosed, and when The Company has decided not to disclose all or part of the Information, it shall notify the individual to that effect without delay. The Company shall accept any separately determined fees incurred upon the disclosure of personal information.
- - Cases in which disclosure is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the individual or a third party
- - Cases in which disclosure is likely to seriously impede the proper execution of the business activities of The Company
- - Cases in which disclosure violates other laws and regulations
Notwithstanding the provisions set forth in the preceding paragraph, in principle The Company shall not disclose any other information than Personal Information such as user history information and characteristic information.
Article 7 (Correction and deletion of Personal Information)
A customer may, in the event that Personal Information retained by The Company is incorrect, demand that The Company make a correction, addition or deletion (hereinafter referred to as a "Correction, etc.") to the Personal Information following the procedures prescribed by The Company.
The Company shall, in the case of having received a demand pursuant to the provisions of the preceding paragraph and having determined that it is necessary to accept the demand, make a Correction, etc. to the contents of the retained Personal Information without delay.
The Company shall, when having made a Correction, etc. to the contents of the retained Personal Information under the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or when having made a decision not to make a Correction, etc., inform a customer without delay to that effect.
Article 8 (Utilization Cease, etc. of Personal Information)
The Company shall, when being requested by an individual to cease the utilization of, or delete (hereinafter referred to as a "Utilization Cease, etc.") the retained Personal Information on the grounds that the retained Personal Information is being handled beyond the scope necessary for the achievement of the Purpose of Utilization, or has been acquired by wrongful means, conduct a necessary investigation without delay.
The Company shall, when having determined that it is necessary to accept the demand of a Utilization Cease, etc. on the basis of the results of the investigation of the preceding paragraph, fulfill a Utilization Cease, etc. of the retained Personal Information without delay.
The Company shall, when having fulfilled a Utilization Cease, etc. or decided not to fulfill a Utilization Cease etc. of retained Personal Information under the provisions set forth in the preceding paragraph, notify the customer to that effect without delay.
Notwithstanding the provisions set forth in the the preceding two paragraphs, in cases where a Utilization Cease, etc. of the aforementioned retained Personal Information would incur a considerable cost, or in other cases where it is difficult to fulfill a Utilization Cease, etc., The Company shall take necessary alternative action to protect a customer’s rights and interests.
Article 9 (Handling of Cookie Information, etc.)
- Cookies are a technology used to store information such as website use history on the customer’s computer. Cookies stored when a customer visits The Company’s websites are used in order to collect information with the goal of facilitating more convenient use of The Company’s websites or Services, and/or improving Services through third-party vendors.
The Customer can choose to "delete all stored Cookie information" or to "not accept Cookies" by using the customer's browser settings. However, this may limit some of the features of The Company's websites and Services as well as third parties' websites and services.
Article 11 (Contact information)
For inquiries regarding this policy, please contact The Company by email below.
The Company’s name: IzanagiGames, Inc.
The responsible department: Customer Support