Ken Watabe (Unjash) announced as the presenter for Haten MC BATTLE! His inaugural interview Premieres on the official Haten MC BATTLE YouTube channel tomorrow, December 2 (JST)!
December 1, 2022 (JST) – IzanagiGames, Inc. (located in Koto-ku, Tokyo, and led by CEO/Producer Shinsuke Umeda) has announced that Ken Watabe of the comedy duo Unjash will take on the role of presenter for Haten MC BATTLE. The tournament’s first outing, Haten MC BATTLE 1.0 will be held at RED° TOKYO TOWER SKY STADIUM on Wednesday December 7. Tune into the official Haten MC BATTLE YouTube channel at 12:00 on Friday, December 2 (JST) to see Haten’s general producer Kon-Umeda interview the Unjash comedian and find out what led to him taking on the role!
Check out the YouTube Premiere of Ken Watabe’s inaugural interview as Haten MC BATTLE presenter!
◆ Haten MC BATTLE presenter interview YouTube Premiere details:
Ken Watabe (Unjash) has been confirmed as presenter for Haten MC BATTLE 1.0, taking place on December 7 (JST). Watabe is well-versed in Japanese rap and hip-hop, and has previously posted his rap attempts on “Unjash Watabe Channel,” his YouTube channel. Don’t miss out on Haten general producer Kon-Umeda hearing all about Watabe’s love of the hip-hop scene and Japanese rap in the upcoming interview!
Broadcast timing: December 2 (Fri), 12:00 (JST)
Channel: Official Haten MC BATTLE YouTube channel
*The URL will be posted on the official Haten MC BATTLE Twitter account shortly!
◆ Tickets are currently on sale for Haten MC BATTLE on December 7!
- Venue tickets: https://eplus.jp/haten-mcb/
- Paid streaming tickets (Streaming+): https://eplus.jp/haten-mcb/st/
◆ Ken Watabe’s Profile
Born in Hachioji, Tokyo in 1972. Formed the comedy duo “Unjash” in 1993 while studying at Kanagawa University after being invited by former senior high classmate Kazuya Kojima. The pair were crowned champions of the 5th “Bakusho On-Air Battle” in 2003, soon earning a reputation as skit comedy extraordinaires with stellar performances on Nippon TV’s “The God of Entertainment” and other comedy shows. This time, Watabe will be taking on the role of presenter for Haten MC BATTLE.
- Unjash Watabe Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@user-rd4is6sl9x
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/watabe1972
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/watabeken/
◆ Kon-Umeda’s Profile
Started the YouTube channel “Nyan-Taniguchi & Kon-Umeda Land” in July, 2022. Nyan-Taniguchi & Kon-Umeda Land is the whimsical home of Nyan-Taniguchi the cat and Kon-Umeda the fox. A place for livestreams, original anime, let’s plays, song covers, and much, much more! Kon-Umeda is the general producer for Haten MC BATTLE.
- Nyan-Taniguchi & Kon-Umeda Land:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/umeizanagi
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kon_umeda/
- Niku Q Style—a new streetwear brand designed by Nyan-Taniguchi and produced by Kon-Umeda:
◆ Haten MC BATTLE 1.0 Tournament Overview:
- Tournament name: Haten MC BATTLE 1.0
- Date: Wednesday December 7, 2022 (JST) Doors: 18:00 / Start: 18:30 / Finish: 22:00 (scheduled)
- Venue: RED° TOKYO TOWER SKY STADIUM (Tokyo Tower 5F)
- Access: https://tokyotower.red-brand.jp/access/
About RED° TOKYO TOWER Access Tickets
Dedicated entry tickets are required to access RED° TOKYO TOWER. Please present your eplus Haten MC BATTLE 1.0 ticket at the Haten MC BATTLE 1.0 reception on the 3F of the venue.
*RED° TOKYO TOWER access: 17:00–21:00
◆ Venue Ticket Details:
- Venue tickets: 5,500 JPY (inc. tax & RED° TOKYO TOWER admission fee)
- Venue ticket sales: https://eplus.jp/haten-mcb/
- *Tickets are sold on a first come, first served basis.
- *Venue ticket sales will end when all available tickets have been purchased.
◆ Paid Streaming Ticket Details:
- Paid livestream ticket sales: https://eplus.jp/haten-mcb/st/
- Livestream ticket sales period: 10/28/2022 (Fri) 19:00 – 12/13/2022 (Tue) 20:00
◆ Haten MC BATTLE 1.0 YouTube Livestream: 8 First Round Match-ups
- Broadcast date: 12/7/2022 (Wed) 18:30–
- *Start time subject to change based on operational schedule.
- Livestream URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcDqx9RALJs
- Official Haten MC BATTLE YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK79h3gBc7w9aqosgFB-qWQ
- *Please note, all above times are Japan Standard Time (JST).
What is Haten MC BATTLE?
IzanagiGames brings you a brand new MC battle tournament fusing fully-fledged rap prowess with intense visual spectacle. Haten MC BATTLE aims to shake up the formula by introducing the brand new “Battlefield” system! Watch the hottest MCs from Japan’s unique rap battle scene put their pride on the line as they compete for the top spot.
We’re also bringing XR technology to the fore; utilizing projection mapping, and much more, to add an extra layer of presence and dynamism to the tournament—background imagery will shift in time to the beat, changing with each battle.
And if that wasn’t enough, we’ve formulated a brand new battle system to help establish the next generation of star MCs. Haten MC BATTLE X.5 will host newcomers to the scene, while Haten MC BATTLE X.0 will feature veteran MCs. The two event types will be held on an alternating schedule, with newcomers who make it through the qualifying tournament earning the right to go toe to toe with the veterans, and a shot at rap stardom!
Come and witness a new dawn in the MC battle scene.
- Haten MC BATTLE official website: https://haten.jp/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK79h3gBc7w9aqosgFB-qWQ
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/haten_mcbattle
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/haten_mcbattle/
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@haten_mcbattle
Contact: IzanagiGames, Inc.
- Inquiries regarding Haten MC BATTLE may be sent to:
◆ About IzanagiGames
IzanagiGames is headquartered in Koto-ku, Tokyo. The company produces interactive entertainment experiences, with a focus on console games, and is geared towards directly accessing the global games market with titles made in collaboration with Japanese creators. By expanding the company’s range of fund procurement, IzanagiGames aims to provide opportunities for exceptional creators to make new IPs and games which are then delivered as entertainment experiences to fans across the world. IzanagiGames has released titles including Death Come True, World’s End Club, and Yurukill: The Calumniation Games on a variety of different platforms worldwide. The company has also entered into the webtoon market and founded its own webtoon studio, Tsukuyomi.
・IzanagiGames official website:
・IzanagiGames official Twitter account: