Afra vs Fried Tofu BEATBOX BATTLE confirmed for Haten MC BATTLE 1.0; tournament key visual revealed!
IzanagiGames, Inc. (located in Koto-ku, Tokyo, and led by CEO/Producer Shinsuke Umeda) has announced that Haten MC BATTLE 1.0 will feature a bonus beatbox battle—adding to the already packed lineup. The event takes place at RED° TOKYO TOWER SKY STADIUM on December 7 (JST). The company has also revealed the tournament key visual for Haten MC BATTLE 1.0.
・Haten BEATBOX BATTLE bonus showdown confirmed!
A bonus beatbox battle has been confirmed as part of the lineup for Haten MC BATTLE 1.0, which takes place on December 7 (JST)—featuring two of the leading lights in Japan’s beatbox scene! Pioneering beatboxer AFRA will face off against the up-and-coming Fried Tofu! Be sure to tune in!
The foremost figure in Japan’s beatbox scene. Seeing Rahzel perform in New York back in 1996 was AFRA’s beatbox awakening. His 2004 Fuji Xerox commercial appearance pushed beatboxing into the mainstream in Japan. Since then, AFRA has racked up a string of festival, commercial, and movie appearances. He also performs live under the DONUTS DISCO DELUXE moniker, alongside ANI and Robochu.
Fried Tofu started beatboxing in his third year of junior high and has been taking part in solo battles ever since. His unique, technical, groove-oriented style has become his hallmark, propelling him to the top 16 at the 2016 and 2017 Japan Beatbox Championship, and to the top 8 at the 2019 tournament. In 2018 he represented Japan in the Asia Beatbox Championship solo category. He also finished in the top 8 in the ongoing JPN CUP ALL STAR BEATBOX BATTLE, again in the solo category.
Lately, Fried Tofu has been branching out, hosting weekly radio shows and the “Noroshi” Beatbox Battle series on “Koyobi,” a beatbox-centric YouTube channel.
・Haten MC BATTLE 1.0 tournament key visual revealed!
◆ Haten MC BATTLE 1.0 Tournament Overview:
- Tournament name: Haten MC BATTLE 1.0
- Date: Wednesday December 7, 2022 (JST) Doors: 18:00 / Start: 18:30 / Finish: 22:00 (scheduled)
- Venue: RED° TOKYO TOWER SKY STADIUM (Tokyo Tower 5F)
- Access: https://tokyotower.red-brand.jp/access/
About RED° TOKYO TOWER Access Tickets
Dedicated entry tickets are required to access RED° TOKYO TOWER. Please present your eplus Haten MC BATTLE 1.0 ticket at the Haten MC BATTLE 1.0 reception on the 3F of the venue.
RED° TOKYO TOWER access: 17:00–21:00
◆ Venue Ticket Details:
- Venue tickets: 5,500 JPY (inc. tax & RED° TOKYO TOWER admission fee)
- Venue ticket sales: https://eplus.jp/haten-mcb/
- *Tickets are sold on a first come, first served basis.
- *Venue ticket sales will end when all available tickets have been purchased.
◆ Paid Streaming Ticket Details:
- Paid livestream ticket sales: https://eplus.jp/haten-mcb/st/
- Livestream ticket sales period: 10/28/2022 (Fri) 19:00 – 12/13/2022 (Tue) 20:00
◆ Haten MC BATTLE 1.0 YouTube Livestream: 8 First Round Match-ups
- Broadcast date: 12/7/2022 (Wed) 18:30–
- *Start time subject to change based on operational schedule.
- Livestream URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcDqx9RALJs
- Official Haten MC BATTLE YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK79h3gBc7w9aqosgFB-qWQ
- *Please note, all above times are Japan Standard Time (JST).
What is Haten MC BATTLE?
IzanagiGames brings you a brand new MC battle tournament fusing fully-fledged rap prowess with intense visual spectacle. Haten MC BATTLE aims to shake up the formula by introducing the brand new “Battlefield” system! Watch the hottest MCs from Japan’s unique rap battle scene put their pride on the line as they compete for the top spot.
We’re also bringing XR technology to the fore; utilizing projection mapping, and much more, to add an extra layer of presence and dynamism to the tournament—background imagery will shift in time to the beat, changing with each battle.
And if that wasn’t enough, we’ve formulated a brand new battle system to help establish the next generation of star MCs. Haten MC BATTLE X.5 will host newcomers to the scene, while Haten MC BATTLE X.0 will feature veteran MCs. The two event types will be held on an alternating schedule, with newcomers who make it through the qualifying tournament earning the right to go toe to toe with the veterans, and a shot at rap stardom!
Come and witness a new dawn in the MC battle scene.
- Haten MC BATTLE official website: https://haten.jp/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK79h3gBc7w9aqosgFB-qWQ
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/haten_mcbattle
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/haten_mcbattle/
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@haten_mcbattle
Contact: IzanagiGames, Inc.
- Inquiries regarding Haten MC BATTLE may be sent to:
◆ About IzanagiGames
IzanagiGames is headquartered in Koto-ku, Tokyo. The company produces interactive entertainment experiences, with a focus on console games, and is geared towards directly accessing the global games market with titles made in collaboration with Japanese creators. By expanding the company’s range of fund procurement, IzanagiGames aims to provide opportunities for exceptional creators to make new IPs and games which are then delivered as entertainment experiences to fans across the world. IzanagiGames has released titles including Death Come True, World’s End Club, and Yurukill: The Calumniation Games on a variety of different platforms worldwide.
・IzanagiGames official website: https://izanagigames.co.jp/
・IzanagiGames official Twitter account: https://twitter.com/izanagigames